PapEye Mottling for Windows
Standalone application for
Windows 10 and Windows 11 platforms
The PapEye Mottling for Windows application is based on computational image analysis of material surfaces. By using modern mathematical methods, the software enables an objective evaluation of mottling and similar marbling effects in print. The system works with a scanner to provide input for the analysis.
Delivering a user-friendly experience, the software provides one simple mottling score for each analyzed sample. The user can also take advantage of the further details of the distribution of mottling frequencies which are shown to the user.
PapEye Mottling for Windows features
● Surface analysis for detecting and objectively evaluating mottling and similar variation effects in print and base paper
● Computation of the mottling value, which represents how much variation disturbing to the human eye there is in the sample
● Visualization of results for easy interpretation
Because the human eye recognises mottling effects with different sensitivities, according to the size of the surface viewed, the results of the various stages are evaluated according to this factor. With flaw sizes of lower wavelengths, the human eye is relatively insensitive, because it can hardly detect such fine structures. But it is very sensitive with flaw sizes larger.
PapEye Mottling for Windows is a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application.
● Windows 10 version 1903 or newer
● Windows 11
● x64 and x86 systems supported
● Good quality flatbed scanner with options to disable image enhancement features and 300 DPI resolution
● List of recommended scanners available from Tapio Measurement Technologies